Benefits of CCC DECO
The CCC Distance Education Coordinators Organization and its elected executive committee provides a forum for the ongoing discussion of issues, regulations, and innovations important to distance education in California.
CCC DECO provides:
- The DE Retreat during the annual Online Teaching Conference.
- A list serve for ongoing conversation.
- A monthly DE Coordinators’ meeting with updates from the CCC Chancellor’s Office, the CCC DECO board, and on other subjects pertinent to distance education.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Two seats on the Online Education Initiative Steering Committee, helping to guide the OEI.
- Two seats on the Distance Education and Educational Technology Advisory Committee, which advises the Chancellor’s Office on distance education.
Membership fees are the only source of income for the all-volunteer CCC Distance Education Coordinators Organization. The fees help support the costs of the annual day-long DE Coordinator’s Retreat and general meeting at the Online Teaching Conference in June. The Retreat and general meeting are free with your membership. Annual membership starts July 1 and ends June 30. Membership fees are as follows:
- An annual institutional membership of $100 includes up to five people from the institution.
- An annual individual membership is $25.
Fill out the membership form and follow the instructions on the form for paying your membership fee. Please be sure to email our treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org, your Membership Registration Form and a copy of your payment.
If you have questions regarding membership, please contact us at email@example.com
CCC DECO Non-Discrimination Policy:
CCC DECO does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our organization, members, volunteers, vendors, and clients.