Benefits of Membership
- Become a part of the DEC community and show your commitment to professional development and enhance your credentials.
- Add your voice to the conversation and share your ideas and experiences with your colleagues.
- Stay current with strategies and initiatives at other institutions.
- Offer your insights to the people serving on influential committees to improve the quality of and support for DECs and Distance Education.
- Gain knowledge to support the work done on your own campus.
- Engage in networking that cuts across disciplines.
- Attend the Annual DEC Retreat.
- Vote in CCC DECO elections.
- Gain access to experienced DEC’s for Accreditation support.
Membership fees are the only source of income for the all-volunteer CCC Distance Education Coordinators Organization. The fees help support the costs of the annual day-long DE Coordinator’s Retreat and general meeting at the Online Teaching Conference in June. The Retreat and general meeting are free with your membership. Annual membership starts July 1 and ends June 30. Membership fees are as follows:
- Annual institutional membership of $100 includes up to five people from the institution.
- Annual individual membership is $25.
Where Your Membership Fees Go
- Website maintenance
- Planning and holding a DEC Retreat with prominent guest-speakers brought together from throughout the state
- Tax preparation and filing
- Support of Executive Committee members attending state-wide meetings as representatives of CCC DECO
- Scholarships to fund OTC registration (beginning with 2019 registration)
Fill out the membership form and follow the instructions on the form for paying your membership fee.
Please be sure to email our treasurer, email@example.com, your Membership Registration Form and a copy of your payment.
If you have questions regarding membership, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CCC DECO Non-Discrimination Policy:
CCC DECO does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our organization, members, volunteers, vendors, and clients.