- Distance Education Coordinator’s Retreat, Monday, June 18th, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
NOTE: Retreat attendance is free, but is limited to CCC DECO members. Individual membership – $25/yr. Institutional membership $100/yr for up to 5 people per institution. Upon registration, you will be asked how you will be paying for your yearly membership.
Go to DE Coordinator’s Retreat Registration Site
- On January 24, 2018, the Chancellor’s Office presented “Maintaining a Quality Distance Education Program Online Conference“. There was a lot of great information shared. If you missed the conference you can watch the following recorded sessions:
- Accessibility – Universal Design Online Content Inspection Tool: UDOIT
- Compliance – Regular and Effective Contact
- Faculty – OER-Enabled Canvas Sample Course Shells
- Local Distance Education – Creating a Dynamic DE Team
- Compliance – FERPA
- Student – Quest
- Accessibility – Accessiblity in DE
- Local Distance Education – Online Ed Accreditation and the Quality Focused Essay
- Faculty – OEI Course Design Rubric: The Foundation for a Quality Program
- DEC-101: Informative resource for new and existing CCC Distance Education Coordinators. Topics in this resource include: effective practices; campus issues; regulations; and accreditation. In addition, you’ll find discussion forums designed to help DE Coordinators ask those important “What does everyone else do…” questions. To gain access to this resource go to: https://ccconlineed.instructure.com/enroll/XGDG36. Special thanks to Michelle Pilati for her work on this project, to @One for hosting the resource, and to the OEI for sponsoring it.
Executive Committee Nominations Open
CCC DECO Purpose Statement
CCC DECO is a non-profit corporation and shall operate exclusively for educational and charitable purposes. The focus of CCC DECO is to promote online student success and quality distance education programs within the California Community College system. Through collaboration and centralized resource sharing, we will seek to provide support and professional development for the faculty and DE support staff of the California Community Colleges. We will also work to develop and promote distance education policies and practices to the State legislature, Chancellor’s office, and local districts and colleges.
CCC DECO Bylaws
For membership questions – email@example.com
For all other inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org