- Please join us for a Zoom discussion
Tuesday, September 25th, at 9:00am regarding this new Title 5 requirement
(proposed but may be finalized by then: 9/17 BOG agenda):
§ 55208. Faculty Selection and Workload.
(b) Instructors of distance education shall be prepared to teach in the specific distance education delivery method in alignment with local district policies and negotiated agreements.The topics for discussion may include (numbered only for ease of reference):
1. What can we agree that everyone teaching DE classes in a CCC should know?
2. Should Canvas proficiency be included?
3. Should we all be teaching/reviewing the @ONE rubric, or using local DE teaching standards?
4. Should training include research literature on DE course design?
5. Should we create a repository for training outlines and resources?
a. For help when creating/redesigning our own
b. For reference when faculty want to use another CCC’s training to meet our requirements
6. What training outside our own college should we consider as having met the requirements? @ONE? Another CCC?
7. How often (if at all) should instructors be required to renew their training/certification?
8. If a faculty went through training on a different LMS does that suffice? (How long ago is acceptable?)This is a long list, and we certainly won’t get through it all in an hour. Some of us may be available to stay longer, and/or we can reconvene for further discussion as necessary.Please join us using the following Zoom meeting information:Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/135865689
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16699006833,135865689# or +16468769923,135865689#
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 135 865 689
- Joining the DE-All List Serve To join the DE-ALL List Serve, each participant must contact their individual college’s Chief Information System Operator or IT department. No one can be added by the Chancellor’s Office or any other central location. The DE-all distribution list is an alias list serve that is ultimately populated by each of the colleges. The CCC Chancellor’s Office has designated one alias identifier for every college. The college may point their alias identifier to any e-mail address within its domain. They can point it to one person or more than one person. The number of people added to the list serve from each college is a local decision. The individual responsible for this at the local level is the Chief Information System Officer (CISO). All request to be added to the DE-ALL list should be made to the CISO and should follow established local procedures.
For membership questions – email@example.com
For all other inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org